Friday, June 11, 2010

What a difference a year makes . . .

Today is a day to celebrate and to reflect.  It is Noah's Homecoming Day!!!!  One year ago tonight we were anxiously waiting in the baggage claim of O'Hare Airport for our precious little man to come home forever.  I remember it so well.  Pacing, constantly checking the screen for flight updates, trying to find a place to buy a soft drink (just about impossible that late at night!)  Waiting, waiting, waiting.  And then, there he was!  I look at pictures now and it seems so surreal - he looks so different now.  He's grown so much!   I think back on all the great things we've shared this past year and all the joy he's brought to my life.  I can't find the words to describe it.  I'll never be able to convey in this blog all the emotion of that night or all the wonderful ways this little boy has changed my life, so I'll just say, 


"HAPPY HOMECOMING DAY, NOAH!  
We love you so much."


2 comments:

  1. Happy Homecoming Noah-- we are so lucky to know you!!!! XOXOXO Love- The Lafler's

    PS I remember your mommy and daddy being so excited to go to the airport!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Homecoming Noah!! You are a sweet and precious little boy! Congrats Withers Family to your one year anniversary with Noah. What a special day to remember!

    ReplyDelete