Sunday, May 9, 2010

Vocab Test

Today I had lunch with my friends, the other three moms of the Fantastic Four boys.  While we were chatting, one asked me how many words I thought Noah could say right now.  I really had no idea; I guessed about 30.  It got me thinking, so I've decided to make a list of the words and expressions that Noah knows, understands, and uses on a regular basis.  He understands SO MUCH MORE, but these are the ones he uses to speak with right now.

FAMILY
Ma/Mama
Dada
B (That's Baby Eli)
"Low" (That's how he says Emily)
Pawpaw (He always whispers this one when he says it - so cute!)

BODY PARTS
Head
Eyes
Shoulder
Knee
Elbow
Toes
Nose
Neck
Ear

FOOD
Cheese
Snack
Broccoli (although sometimes he says this while pointing to a cupcake!)
Apple
Egg
Milk
Water

NATURE/ANIMALS
Outside (he always whispers this one too - I don't know why!)
Bird
Flower
Kitty
Dog
Fish
Elephant
Bear
Zebra
Moo
Pink Pig (it's never just pig, it's PINK pig)
Frog
Duck
Quack
Moon
Star
Grass
Stick
Bug

THINGS THAT GO
Car
Truck
Airplane
Helicopter

TOYS
Ball
Stitch (he has a stuffed Stitch from the Lilo and Stitch movie)
Book
Bubble
Block
Elmo
Color

CLOTHING
Shoes
Socks
Hat
Necklace
Button

AROUND THE HOUSE
Light
Clock
Nap

EXPRESSIONS
Thank you
Please
Love you
More
Hi, Dad!  (or Hi, Kitty!)
Night Night
Brush Teeth
Whoa, Mama!
Bye Bye
All Done
All Gone
Yuck
Phew!  (as in phew - stinky!)
Uh-oh

Wow - I counted over 70 different words and phrases.  That's amazing!  And remember, these are just the words he actually says and uses.  His comprehension is so much more that this.  What an awesome little man!!!

Noah at 21 months

2 comments:

  1. Such a smartie pants! Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are an awesome little man Noah! So proud of you! Sy says he's proud too!!!

    ReplyDelete